Download Umang Application for Android phone : Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
The UMANG app has partnered with MapMyIndia. Now on Umang app you will find live location of government office like blood bank, police station, government ration shop. The location will be found on the app as well as the location of the service center building will also be known.
Users will also be able to track small village roads. You will also get voice and visual support. This will make it easier to find a government office and get there. You will also get details of traffic and road safety during navigation.
Service available on Umang app
Damini ‘Damini Lightning Alerts’ will provide information about the recent lightning strike. Visual alerts for such areas will also be available.
Insurance office Users will find the location of the ESIC center. Users will also be able to see a map of the hospital and dispensary where they have taken out insurance.
Petrol pump The location of retailers and distributors of the nearby Indian Oil Petrol Pump will be known. You will also find the location of the gas station and fuel filling station.
Mary Road The user will be able to complain about bad roads.
My ration, eNAM With My Ration Integration, users will be able to get information about the nearest ration shop. ENAM will provide information on nearby markets and markets.
Users will get information about toll plazas and toll rates. Police station information will also be available.
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance 'mobile first'. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.